Although it is inevitable that living on the planet of internet and email service, is nothing short of a blessing and ease for the humans however, it has also simultaneously generated many concerns; the most crucial one being the issue of hacking and protection of one’s email account. But for Hotmail users, the good news is that Microsoft brings a two-step verification process for your Hotmail account to strengthen the protection of your account to the maximum.
The two-step verification includes:
- Entering your password
- Entering the security code that Hotmail will send in your email, SMS or via call
Hotmail which is now called “Windows Live Hotmail” was launched in 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith as one of the first email providers and was taken over by Microsoft in 1997.
Step by Step Guide for Verification of your Hotmail Account
If you wish to maintain a highly protected email account and live without the fear of your inbox being hacked then set up the verification of your Hotmail account by following the step by step guidelines below:
- Open the following website https://login.live.com/login in your web browser to access the official page for Hotmail sign in portal
- Sign in to your Hotmail account by entering your email address and password
- Then locate and visit the “Accounts Security Page.” There you will find a heading “Security info helps keep your account secure” under which your email ID and phone number will be mentioned
- If any of these details are not present, click the option “Add security Info” and follow the instructions to add your missing details. It is important for your contact number to be linked to your account.
- Then right click the option below “Set up two-step verification”
- You will be given easy prompts to set up the verification of your Hotmail account. Once you have completed the steps, click the button “Done” at the end.
- To complete the process, you will also be asked to type in a verification code sent to you via SMS or on your alternate email address.
Once you have successfully completed the above-mentioned steps, Hotmail will send an email to your account of confirmation for your verification of your Hotmail account.